The Dino-Lite is a compact digital microscope with a lot of new possibilities compared to the traditional microscope. The Dino-Lite can be connected to a computer and allows you to record moving and still images as well as time lapse recording. These can be shared directly over the internet (webcam technology).
• Industrial inspection: quality control, assembly, repair
• Life sciences : ear, eye, nail, skin/scalp photography and analysis
• Printing and textiles: quality control, measurements
• Educational: science lab, presentation, training, insect & plant study
• Personal: hobbies, collection documentation, paintings, antiques
• Professional: law enforcement, conference aid, counterfeit detection
Dino-Lite comes in different versions, developed for specific applications. Depending to the version, magnification ranges from ~10 to 200 to 500x. LED lights are built in in white, polarized, ultraviolet, infrared or a switchable combination. Most versions have calibration and measuring options. Its housing is either composite or aluminum alloy.